Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good To The Last Drop

My son found this old can of Maxwell House coffee underneath the kitchen stairs when we were tearing up the floor a few years ago. It still has coffee in it and has the original key opener on top. I remember the commercials for this coffee.....how they advertised it was "good to the last drop"! I do sometimes drink mine down to the very last drop especially on mornings when I really feel the need for extra caffeine! This made me think about all of us with a chronic illness. So many of my friends have mentioned at one time or another how they feel like life is over for them or their real purpose in life in through because they are now just sitting around sick all of  the time or in a wheel chair and can't get around to do much.  I say this to myself first of all and then to all of my chronically ill friends .....determine that you are going to be "good to the last drop". There is still something you can do  and someone somewhere that needs you even if you don't think so. I have heard people say to me at times..they wished there was something they could do for me besides "just pray"...but I say that if you can at "least" pray then you have done a lot! You can sit in a wheel chair, or lie in a bed and pray for other people. You will never run out of people to pray for... there is always someone somewhere in way worse condition than you are. I have found this to be true. Don't give up on enjoying the simple things. Life is made up of a ton of little things all put together. I have learned to appreciate the simple things by being sick. When I do feel well and get out and enjoy my day... it is a breath of fresh air. I plan on being good to the last drop... it ain't over til its over!