Saturday, March 3, 2012

An Upside To Everything

When I was first diagnosed with Sarcoidosis I had never even heard of this disease! Since then I have researched day after day to find out as much as possible about it and about treatment options. I also have met some wonderful people who have become like a second family to me. They are my Sarc family. They also suffer from Sarcoidosis and most are alone in their community as I am. The latest thing I am dealing with is hair loss. I have to admit...I am not thrilled about this! No one told me that Sarc could do this and none of my medications listed hair loss as a side effect! After doing some research on my own, I discovered that not only can Sarcoidosis cause hair loss in some people, but at least four of my medications also cause hair loss. I have to say that when my hair began falling out I was a bit upset and shocked to see a clump of my hair loosely falling from my scalp! Day after day more and more hair continues to fall. I have now purchased a wig. This is definitely something I never thought I would do! Anyway, I was thinking this morning that there is always an upside to everything! There really is... you see, I won't have to mess around with my curling iron for an hour every day anymore. I get so tired of plucking my eyebrows! That will no longer be a morning ritual as I lose those. I suppose I won't have to worry about unwanted facial hair either and that is really an upside! This wig thing could really become quite fun actually. I could have  bunch of different ones...different styles, different colors...why a new me any time I please! No more being down in the dumps over hair loss for me! I choose to look on the upside of this.