Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Bad Day Is Better Than No Day

I am finding out with this disease that is so unpredictable, that Sarcoidosis and Fibromyalgia go hand in hand. I am not sure on this but I think that most of us who have been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis by way of biopsy, have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia prior to that. The weather has taken a turn towards fall now and with the dipping temps my body is already going into an achy mode. The joints are stiff and everything basically hurts. I am now on day number four of Prednisone to treat the Sarcoidosis. The purpose is to reduce inflammation in my lungs and lymph nodes. It also is supposed to help with joint inflammation. It does have a lot of potentially dangerous side effects however my symptoms have become pretty severe so I have to do something! Anyway, it is not the only medication I am on. I also take meds for muscle cramps, migraine headaches, vitamin B-6 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, estrogen, and of course one for chronic pain. I pretty much do not have one day when I feel "good" anymore but I try to push my way through my day and smile when I can muster up the muscle! I know I am not alone in this battle... there are many others just like me all over the world whom I have met online. Some are better off than me but there are some worse. I have to be thankful for  each day that I awaken and I am still breathing, for there must be a reason I am still here. So I figure that a "bad day is better than no day."