Friday, June 24, 2011

Fibro Friday!

Hooray it's Friday! That's a great feeling if you have been working all week and have been looking forward to the weekend. For me ... today it means I have survived one more surgery in my lifetime! One week ago today I was lying on a pretty uncomfortable hospital bed with an even more uncomfortable pillow under my neck. I was at the hospital this time for lung surgery. The most serious surgery that I have been through yet.  I had IVs in both arms and was soon being wheeled off to a large operating room where many people clothed in surgical blues were scurrying about preparing for my upcoming appointment with them! As things began to fall into place and they began to settle in around me I began to feel very sleepy. I honestly don't remember the recovery room this time...usually I do but the next thing I remembered was being wheeled into my room where my son and daughter were waiting. I am sure neither of them realize how much that means to someone coming back from surgery....but to me it meant so much more than I can put into words. Unless you have been that one on the hospital cart not knowing if you are going to live or die... then you really don't understand how much it means to know that someone... somewhere... cares about you. I think about all this today as I sit here on my sofa in pain. At least I am still here feeling that pain... and I am thankful for my family and for the many many people who have shown concern this past week. Today is Friday and I am so glad I have made it through this painful week and have hope that this next week will bring continued healing and less pain. Maybe you need to look at where you were last Friday in order to be thankful for where you are today.