Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fibro Fourth

Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it! Yikes...Maybe a loud parade and the booming fireworks can blast out the pain or at least help you forget about it for just a little while. This is not my first fourth of July when I have been recovering from a surgery. It happened to me once before back about twenty years ago. Boy, just writing that seems so hard to believe it was even that long ago! I recall being in a lot of pain after abdominal surgery and everyone else was having a good 'ol time blasting off fireworks and eating all kinds of goodies.  Once again... I am at a point of not really giving a care about the fact that it is a hoop- ti- lah holiday for everyone..... I would just as soon kick back and take a few pain pills and forget about the world.....maybe just sip a cold drink on my porch out front with the sunglasses on,  and watch the clouds roll by! Of course wishing I was in my favorite place by the sea, but  overall, just happy to be able to relax and celebrate my "Fibro Fourth"!