Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Okay...Now Where's MY Caregiver?

What goes around comes around...s'posed to anyways... well, sometimes. Many of you know that I have been full time caregiver to my husband for awhile now as he has had a brain injury back in 2005, and is still on quite a few meds and survivor of colon cancer in 2009, and many many episodes in and out of the hospital with Pneumonia and various illnesses over the past several years. There are of course all of the emotional ramifications of a brain injured person to deal with and if you really don't have a clue.... look it up on the internet for Gosh sake and get yourself informed, because pretty much my husband has displayed all, and more, of the behaviours that come with the territiory!  I have pretty much put up with it all. However, this past year I have become very sick with Sarcoidosis in not only my lungs but my lymph nodes, and also have chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. In June, I had major thoracic lung surgery and am still dealing with the recovery from that as I had a wedge of my lung removed. Trying to deal with all of this along with all of his mood swings and argumentative stubbornness is not helping me to get any better. Therefore I am making a decision to separate myself from him and I guess his family is going to have to just pitch in and do the job. After all, they all moved up here next to us to be involved in their dear ol' dad's life so I guess this is the why. I am just not well enough to deal with this and I am courageous enough to say so. Lately I have had to put up with a lot of his rantings and ravings and bullyings and it has become an everyday occurrence and my health cannot handle it.  I got brave enough to call 911 about a month ago now, and of course I am in the wrong for doing so. He of course is trying to save his own skin once more by shifting the blame to me, but after all that I have put up with from him I cannot imagine this injustice! So, here I am this morning ... asking you my friends for prayer...