Monday, September 12, 2011

Another Week!

A celebration of some kind should be in order .. I think. I did survive my first week of Prednisone after all! Today begins week number two and so far I have not gained any weight thankfully! I remember the last time I was on this nasty drug I gained over 60 pounds, so I am watching very carefully the carbs and sugars I take in this time. Keeping an eye on the blood sugar and the blood pressure, and all of the rest of those nice little  extra things you have to pay attention to while on this drug.... like, don't be around anyone who is sick! This is going to be a challenge I am sure, since flu season is just about upon us... I am going to try to do my part ... it is always nice if others respect your wishes and stay away when they are sick but it doesn't always happen, as you know. So begins week number two... symptoms are pretty much the same as week number one.. but that is to be expected. My lymph nodes have been enlarged for a long while, my lungs have been congested pretty much since last April, so I am sure this is going to take more than just a few days or weeks to help. As I look out my window on this September morning I see the sun reflecting off of some colored leaves! I will enjoy the beauty of this fall.. This disease has made me wake up and notice things around me a lot more. Perhaps a rude awakening to the fact of the shortness of life. What I need to do is enjoy this very day! I hope you will too and don't let anyone or anything ruin it for you.