Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fibro Fairy

The Fibro Fairy seems to skip us by sometimes.....the sleep fairy that is... I  usually have no trouble falling asleep almost as soon as I hit the pillow but for some reason this body wants to wake up bright and early at 3 or 4 every A.M.! It is not cool! Of course it is very quiet in the house at this time of day....not a creature is stirring, so I am usually able to sip coffee and relax. I pay for it however later in the day. Around one or two every afternoon I feel as if I have been run over by a mack truck, but that is when I usually am out and about running errands and doing the needed things around the house. This is when I would like to just lay down and die on the couch....but can't! I wish someone somewhere would come up with a solution for those of us who suffer from this sleep disorder. If  I could just get a full eight or nine hours every night consistently I think I might feel better! I have noticed a lot of my fibro friends have also mentioned sleeping problems so I am guessing this is pretty common in people with Fibromyalgia and other chronic illnesses. May the sleep fairy be kinder to us all!