Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fibro Forgiveness

I know there may be some who disagree with me but I have found this to be true in my own life. If I hold onto a grudge long enough it actually only hurts me and not the person who originally committed the offense no matter what it was or how horrible it may have been. Unforgiving does affect our health in a negative way....it certainly does not promote healing. Granted, just because I forgive someone does not mean my illness or disease is going to disappear or go away because it was not just in my head in the first place, however it brings a peace to my spirit that helps me cope with the sickness that I would not have if I decided to just be bitter. It doesn't make the offense go away, no, but it helps me realize that I cannot afford to let the other person's stupidity  affect me anymore! What's done is done...now I must let go and live for this day.