Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fibro Fellowship

I have come to realize how important it is to get together with other people who can relate to what you are going through. I am not the kind of person who likes to let people "IN" but lately I have learned to do just that and have found it so refreshing! I think if you are like me and maybe have been hurt more than a few times by some very rude and cruel people in your lifetime then you have a tendency to shun friendship once again. You fear being hurt once more. Since I have been so sick this last year I have found out that there are so many other people going through the exact same issues and with these people I can relate and have a special bond of fellowship without fear of rejection or hurt. It is special. Just since my own diagnosis of Fibromyalgia which by the way, is so much more common than most people realize, I found out that some of the friends I already knew in my Bible study group have it. I had no idea ....but  now we can relate better to each other and have a special bond. I have other friends in other states that have also come out and said they too have it. Any time we have something difficult to go through it is always easier when you have emotional support. Someone to believe in you when you stop believing in yourself....someone to tell you to keep trying when you feel like giving up...someone to just sit there and hold your hand and  be quiet....someone to listen to you rant and rave...and in turn you do the same for them. Fibromyalgia is so much more than just Fibromyalgia...as I am finding out! It encompasses so many other overlapping problems and diseases like Lupus, MS,Chronic Fatigue, Cancer, and the list goes on and on! Only people "With" it actually relate to how much it has impacted your life. It is so good to talk with my fibro friends....both the ones near and far! Thank you all for being my friends and I hope in turn I am a friend to you!