Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fibro Fingers

Every day is a new experience when you have a disease like Fibromyalgia or Lupus or any other Chronic illness. You never know what is going to be causing trouble for you  on any given day but you can pretty much count on something rearing its ugly head! I had carpal tunnel surgery back in January and for some reason...probably just because I have Fibro, it has taken forever to heal. I have what I call Fibro Fingers! Tingly, sometimes numb and almost all of the time clumsy....oh well I can still type..although it makes my hands and wrists ache. I figured out I could use voice command on my computer when I really get desperate but for now I will continue to type through the pain. I found out earlier this year by having a nerve conduction and EMG done that I have Ulnar nerve damage in both arms also so that contributes to the fingers going numb at times. I never had any idea that all of these problems were all linked in somehow to Fibromyalgia, but as I peruse over other Fibro friends' info I find my problems are pretty common. What I am also finding out is the more things that keep popping up wrong with me the more ways I keep finding to compensate somehow.....and I guess that is an important key in fighting this fight! Find new or different ways to do what you are used to doing...but don't give up on living...what is that old saying?...                                                               "Where there's a will there's a way."