Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fibro Forecast


I have been falsely accused! I have to admit I do watch the weather channel quite a bit...but NOT all the time! ....Sometimes my body does a more accurate job of forecasting the weather anyway! You know what I mean if you have the achy joints and muscle cramps that are all affected by damp weather. My body starts to aching whenever those rain clouds start gathering in the sky, and I can predict pretty accurately when we are going to get snow, according to how severely my knees are hurting! Today must be going to be a pretty rainy damp day here in the North land since when my weird body woke early this morning at 4 a.m. I felt the rain coming on! The bones in my hands are hurting, the knees of course, the morning headache, the neck pain, the foot cramps...the whole nine yards. Wow...I thought Spring was supposed to have sprung by now! I am determined to not let this body dictate how I feel on the inside..it is hard to do and I know because I have to do it. It is easy for people to tell you not to be depressed and gloomy when they feel all chipper and don't have a problem in the world. But, taken from someone who has been through the same things or maybe even some worse things...well, then you can stop for a sec and listen. So on this day that has a Fibro Forecast of all sorts of aches and pains at least here in my neck of the woods, I once again, choose to think on things that will take my mind off of myself and my problems. It is Easter and my mind goes to the Cross of Calvary. Not just a Bible story to me. A real place where a real man gave up His life in the place of mine....way before I even existed...because He loved me and didn't want me to have to pay the price for my own sin! Wow.. the agony he endured kind of makes my pain look pretty petty. Though there are so many who still think it is a myth...Christ actually did rise from His grave and had victory over death which should give us something to be thankful  for! He truly was the son of God and had the power and authority to take away the shame and guilt of my sins..all of them..thank God He didn't pick out certain sins and say that only they could be forgiven but this one or that one was just too rotten or dirty! God doesn't do like people!! Grace, Mercy, Love and Compassion....that is the forecast for today, in spite of how I feel.