Monday, April 4, 2011

Fibro Funnies

Dr. Seuss entertained us all with many books over his lifetime. At the end of his life when he spent much of his time in doctor's offices and had numerous tests, he decided to write a book for adults about his medical experiences, that many of us Fibro Fighters can definitely relate to. It is called, You're Only Old Once.  Read it if you get a chance...it will give you a good laugh! After all, laughter is the best medicine! Here is a small portion toward the end of the book:
"For your Pill Drill you'll go to Room Six Sixty-Three, where a voice will instruct you, "Repeat after me...This small  white pill is what I munch, at breakfast and right after lunch, I take the pill that's kelly green before each meal and in between. These loganberry-colored pills I take for early morning chills, I take the pill with zebra stripes to curve my early evening gripes. These orange-tinted ones,of course, I take to cure my charley horse." "I take three blues at half past eight to slow my exhalation rate. On alternate nights at nine p.m. I swallow pinkies. Four of them. The reds,which make my eyebrows strong, I eat like popcorn all day long. The speckled browns are what I keep beside my bed to help me sleep. This long flat one is what I take if I should die before I wake."
When at last we are sure you've been properly pilled, then a few paper forms must be properly filled so that you and your heirs may be properly billed.~~~From: You're Only Old Once~ Dr. Seuss~

Try to have a good day everyone...whether at home, work , or  at doctor's offices. Find something to laugh at...it does help to laugh a little!