Friday, April 1, 2011

Fibro Feelings


I am finding out by doing a lot of research and reading that it is possible for children to have Fibro, and I really have come to believe that I have had this terrible illness my entire life although it has taken oodles and oodles of  Drs. and tests and hospital visits to finally come to this conclusion! It is true that those of us with Fibro tend to be perfectionists and are very sensitive people. I have always dealt with irritable bowel syndrome as well and anytime there has been too much stress....oh boy...trouble! Therefore I have learned over the years that the best way for me to deal with it is to avoid the situations that cause my stomach to curl up in knots! There are some people that just have a way of doing that by coming within two feet of you sometimes! The smartest doctors in the world haven't quite figured all of this stuff out yet as to the "whys" of it all, but they do know that  this disease is a real disease and is not a psychological disorder;...so to everyone that thinks we are crazy!!!! No we are not!! We tend to be more vocal than everyone else...more sensitive ...take things very personal....so excuse us if we do not want to be around "Rude" people....What people with Fibro need most is people who understand that one day they may be laying on the couch aching from head to toe, sick as a dog, and the next day up and about fluttering around doing all kinds of things.
Our pain is real and when it hits ...it hits very hard and there is no stopping it ...all you can do is try to manage the pain, and rest until it passes. I try to be somewhat productive by writing since it is what I love to do. Maybe you like to read or can still do things with your hands. Find something that you like to do that can take your mind off of your pain at least a little. Then find a network of friends that understand what you are going through and don't fret over the ones that don't! There you have it.... My fibro feelings for today...and that is no April Fool's joke!