Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fibro Fog?

I have had this so called Fibro Fog forever! When I was teaching, back in the day, my students used to help me by finishing my sentences for me once in awhile, or they  would look at me with a strange giggle, and I would know I must have mixed up my words once again. It seems though lately it has progressively been getting worse. I start talking to someone and I am thinking fine but the right word just won't make it from the brain to the lips! Yikes!  Is that ever embarrassing; I have to bluff it. Besides the word issue, my head just seems to be in a daze at times. I am not sure if it is because I am on so much medication or if it is all part of the fact that my symptoms have been so much worse this year, but I had a scare while working on my computer. Maybe it has happened to some of you Fibro fighters and you can tell me if it is from the meds or just part of the Fibro? I started having a strange heaviness in my head and very tired , and blacked out for like ten seconds. I felt totally dazed and confused and couldn't figure out what I was doing on my laptop in front of me. I knew I wanted  some water but couldn't quite get that into words. It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was doing. It was pretty scary. I was glad it happened while I was sitting. Anyone on Lyrica have this happen? Just curious since I never had this happen before I started on the meds.